The Essex LDP is part of a large and ground-breaking national pilot involving 12 LDPs. Each LDP is undertaking robust and comprehensive evaluation to learn what innovative approaches have worked and which ones have failed. All LDPs are committed to sharing the learning of successful approaches as quickly and effectively as possible, using different formats of training, learning resources, events, storytelling, videos, blogs, and reports.
Stories are a very important way that we can learn about the impact of the work of the LDP. The LDP is collecting stories from system leaders and local people:
LDP Micro Grant Stories
LDP Micro Grant Stories
Hear stories from our micro grants we have funded across the LDP areas Basildon, Colchester & Tendring
Prevention and Enablement Model (PEM)
LDP has brought together Adult Social Care, Active Essex and Sport for Confidence to work on an exciting innovative 12 month (initiated August 2020) test and learn project called the Prevention and Enablement Model (PEM). Sport for Confidence are one of the delivery partners of PEM across four workstream areas (community partnerships, strength and balance, physical activity in occupational therapy and care homes).
Our sharing learning events are staged three or four times a year, and invites people from across Essex to learn about the work of the LDP, as well as share the good practice from all of the stakeholders.
The events are themed around the important issues for the LDP, including system settings, target audiences, and underpinning themes such as social movements and communication.
The events share information using the twitter handle #ConnectTogether.
- #ConnectTogether-17th October 2019: Test and Learning Click here
- #ConnectTogether-13th February 2020: Mental health: Click here
- #ConnectTogether-25th June 2020:Families: Click here
Reports and Plans
The LDP publishes a number of reports and plans to document the progress and learning:
- Read more
- Chapter One Report
- Chapter Two-Report
- Basildon Council Plan
- Tendring Plan
- Colchester Plan
- Learning Report 1 (Apr 18-Sep 18)
- Learning Report 2 (Oct 18-March-19)
- Learning Report 3 (Apr 19-Sept-19)
- Learning Reports 4: ( Oct 19-Mar 20)
- Action Research Phase 1 Evaluation
- Holiday Hunger Report
- Collaborate System Technical Report
- Data and insight technical report (Intelligent Health)
- LDP on a Page
- ELDP Evaluation Infographic 2020
- ELDP monthly evaluation report – DEC 2020
- ELDP monthly evaluation report – NOV 2020
Sport England announced 12 LDPs at the end of 2017 following a very competitive process. Information about the work of the other 11 LDPs can be found here: