Join Active Essex and the Essex School Games team to celebrate National Fitness Day 2020.
National Fitness Day, 23rd September is a chance to highlight the role physical activity plays across the UK, raising awareness of its importance in helping us lead healthier and active lifestyles. National Fitness Day sees a huge range of activity options enjoyed by participants of all ages, such as ‘plank offs’, yoga and pilates classes, treadmill challenges, hight street HIIT classes, dance offs, mass walks and many more.
We’d like to invite all Essex Schools to kickstart the new term by participating in Skip Hop Hooray! Over the summer Active Essex has worked closely with Skip Hop to create fun skipping routines to challenge all ages and abilities with routines created aimed at: Years 1/2 , 3/4 , 5/6 and for Inclusive delivery.
What do you need to do?
- Access the video tutorial by using the following link: https://youtu.be/MnckThhTjXY
- The videos contain an element of skill development and choreographed routines, all with ideas of how to differentiate
- These visual demonstrations and instructions are for class teachers (or families) to follow and show to their students.
- Click on ‘resources’ at the bottom of the page for downloadable activity cards to follow.
We envisage each class (bubble) in a school, setting aside between 15-30 minutes to take part in the skipping challenges, ideally on 23 September. The resources will be available though for the whole term, so you can always re-visit, practice and progress your skills.
Only equipment required are skipping ropes… however, if that’s a problem, lets use our imagination and perform the routine with a ‘virtual rope’! The most important thing is, that together we get the children of Essex moving again.
Why join in?
– Staff and students can have fun and learn new skills
– Promote the benefits of being active to young people
– Allows social interaction and connection between young people
– Builds self-confidence and motivates children to try new things
– Covid-secure activities which can be safely delivered in class bubbles
We’d love to see you all getting active please use the following hashtags and share your photos and experiences: