Epping Forest District Council awards grants to organisations involved in providing community work, cultural or sport activities to support these organisations to provide successful services to residents of the Epping Forest district.
The organisations eligible for a grant include the following:
- Local voluntary and community groups
- Sports clubs
- Arts and culture groups
- Social enterprises
- Community interest groups
£83,450 is set aside each year and priority is given to those groups delivering Council objectives and targets. Key priority areas encompass the following:
- Children and Young People
- Safer Communities and the prevention of crime
- Environmental Projects – protection of local heritage and improvement of local environment
- Community Engagement
- Elderly, disadvantaged and/or disabled
- Improving quality of life; encouraging a healthy and active lifestyle
- Encouraging residents to participate in sports, leisure and cultural activities
- Promoting independence
- Community activities; use of local facilities
- Rural and social isolation
Meetings to discuss applications are held approximately every six weeks with the Portfolio Holder for Leisure and Community Services, who is responsible for making decisions on grant applications. Applications need to be submitted at least two weeks in advance of the meeting date to allow us to time to process your application.
Below is a list of meeting dates with the deadlines you will need to know.
Monday 30 July 2018
Applications must be received no later than Monday 16 July 2018 in order to be considered at this meeting.
Monday 29 October 2018
Applications must be received no later than Monday 15 October 2018 in order to be considered at this meeting.
Monday 21 January 2019
Applications must be received no later than Monday 7 January 2019 in order to be considered at this meeting.
For further information and how to apply please visit the Epping Forest District Council website here.