Interviews will take place in County Hall, Chelmsford week commencing 27th September. Please note this is a fixed term contract until March 2023.
As the Marketing and Communications Assistant at Active Essex, you will support the team to deliver creative and impactful marketing and communications to grow our brand profile and inspire and support residents across the county to be physically active. You will become an essential part of the marketing team, where your voice will always be valued.
You will be required to deliver effective marketing, communications, social media, and design to support the development and delivery of Active Essex, Essex Local Delivery Pilot, and the Active Essex Foundation. You should be proactive and have a willingness to learn and gain vital experience in the marketing and communications sector.
Reporting to the Marketing and Communications Officers, you will have the responsibility of providing flexible support to the marketing team, which currently includes, campaigns, social media marketing, PR and event planning, as well as website management.
Role responsibilities include:
· Lead the day-to-day running of our social media accounts, social content creation, including video and images and developing relationships with other users. In addition to this, you will construct email marketing campaigns and newsletters
· Management of the PR database, tracking media coverage and identifying potential relationship opportunities
· Carrying out weekly responsibilities, such as reporting, story gathering, designing of presentations, and uploading website content
· Support the team on wider design projects and editing videos (experience in design would be ideal, however training is available)
· Assisting the team with wider campaigns and events to develop your knowledge and skills
· Write and proof-read regular blog content and upload to social media and the website.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
· Educated to A level with a qualification in marketing, communications or digital & social media or equivalent by experience
· You’re an all-rounder, with strong, creative, analytical and communication skills, which you are keen to grow and develop, and are able to easily adapt in a fast-paced environment
· An interest in marketing and communications or the physical activity sector
· Confident user of various social media platforms with good copywriting skills
· Competent in Microsoft Office programmes and email. Experience using Adobe Creative Suite and WordPress would be preferable, however not essential
· Evidence of good interpersonal skills with the ability to build strong working relationships and communicate clearly and accurately to a variety of audiences
· You’re excited to work as part of a small but growing team, be self-motivated and proactive, ready to roll up your sleeves, learn quickly and venture out of your comfort zone.
For more information, click here.