About the Project
- The Papworth Trust offers essential care and support to disabled people, their families and carers.
- The funding helped set up brand new table tennis sessions for service users at the Basildon Papworth Trust Centre.
- Sessions take place every Thursday 10:30-12:00.
- The programme will run for 40 weeks.
- An average of 11 participants per session.
- 100% of participants stated they had gained new skills.
- 95% stated that their confidence was boosted.
- 100% had discovered something new that they liked doing.
- 75% stated their physical fitness had improved.
- 100% felt part of something.
- 100% will carry on taking part
“For many people attending this was the first time they had played table tennis. Initially we were focusing on ball control but over time people’s skill levels have improved and they can take on more competitive exercise.” – Michelle (staff)
“I have not played for many years and [the project] has given me the boost to get involved again. Both staff and service users play together and this helps [build the] bond between them.” Gill (participant)