Active Essex are recruiting for new Board Members for the Active Essex Board.
The Active Essex Board will have the passion and enthusiasm to play a role in helping to ‘Change 1 million lives to get Essex Active’. This will result in contributing to improving the physical and mental health & wellbeing of the residents of Essex.
We are looking for individuals who can or are able to continue to operate at a high senior strategic level, with experience of successful partnership working, who can take lead in driving forward participation, physical activity and widening sporting opportunity across Greater Essex.
Being passionate about sport and physical activity is important, but it isn’t enough. Active Essex Board members will provide strategic leadership, advocacy and management accountability for the Partnership and will, along with the Chair, act as ’champions’ within their various spheres of influence, opening doors and creating links.
The current Chair and Board have identified the following sector experience, insight and connections, at the highest possible decision-making level, as key for the new Board members:
- Education Sector – Primary and/ or Secondary / HE or FE
- Health Sector – CCG/ NHS
- Political Landscape – National / Local Government and or Unitary Authority
- Entrepreneurial Business Practice / Leadership
- Community development
- Whole Systems change
- Behaviour change
- Communications Sector – Social marketing / and or Digital skills
Alongside this, Board Members will also:
- Support the overall direction of the work of Active Essex, setting targets and agreeing a business plan with partners
- Attend Board meeting, bringing together a diverse range of interests and partners to work together on a common agenda
- To represent the Board at internal and external events and drive partnerships as required.
The Responsibilities of the Board:
The Board support the Director and the executive team to make decisions on the strategic and operational activity of the organisation. The Board also provide leadership, be accountable for its decisions and set high standards at all times.
Download the full Board Recruitment Pack.
To apply please forward all submissions via email to: Jason.Fergus@activeessex.org.
Closing date: Monday 8th July 2019