East England Forest District (EEFD) is responsible for managing circa 35,000ha of Public Forest Estate land from North Norfolk to Brighton; including Thetford Forest and the outlying beats of Sandlings, Kent, East Sussex, Chilterns and Thames Chase Community Forest. Much of the 35,000ha is designated as Sites of Special Scientific Interest (SSSI) and is highly popular as a recreational area.
Thames Beat, based in Upminster (Essex), is the main outstation for the management of the District’s community woodland estate. The Thames Beat covers an area of 520 hectares of community woodland around the Thames Gateway and Thames Chase Community Forest to the east of London, south Essex and north Kent.
To coordinate and deliver a wide range of physical activity and wellbeing at Thames Chase and Jeskyns.
As the post involves dealing with contacts across FC England, regular travel with occasional stays away from home is a requirement of this post. It is expected that the post holder may work weekends and evenings.
Key Work Areas
1. Taking the lead from the Active Forests (AF) delivery strategy and the site delivery plan, develop & deliver: • A programme of customer focused physical activity experiences. • Site marketing & communication activity. • Site monitoring and evaluation programme.
2. Tap into local experience & knowledge base by working with existing site teams.
3. Ensure AFC post is fully integrated into the local site team by incorporation into the duty system offering frontline visitor support and reactive response to incidents as required.
4. Develop a range of internal and external partnerships including with health organisations to develop programme and provide physical activities.
5. Where appropriate, develop and directly deliver sports activities.
6. In line with national & local guidance develop, introduce and coordinate a team of Active Forests volunteers to support AF delivery.
7. Taking the lead from AF programme manager lead production of performance reports.
8. Representing site interests participate in AF programme networking opportunities.
9. Where specified lead development of specific AF programme activities EG Data capture techniques, use of social media, development of volunteer package.