Working Hours: Full-time
Salary: Up to £30,000 per annum
Primary Location: Chelmsford
Closing Date (Period for Applying) – External: 27/01/19
Interviews are to be held on Thursday 31st January 2019
Job summary and Responsibilities
Due to an internal promotion, Active Essex is looking to recruit an Assistant Relationship Manager to work in our North hub of Tendring and Colchester.
Active Essex has in place 5 Relationship Managers, each with a geographical area to manage and a theme based, strategic work strand remit to lead on countywide.
Each Relationship Manager and their place-based hub, is supported by an Assistant Relationship Manager. Their roles are to provide support in all aspects of Active Essex strategy and support the development and implementation of the plan in a defined geographical area. They will build upon relationships with key locality partners, develop and manage stakeholders at regional, county and local level.
The Assistant Relationship Manager will also have a thematic responsibility, supporting the Relationship Manager. This is likely to be, but not exclusively, around the themes of workforce, inclusion, core market, insight and inactivity.
To fulfil its Primary Sport England role, Active Essex must ensure we have a granular understanding of people and place, across the Greater Essex landscape in order to find and deliver solutions to the challenges preventing communities from undertaking physical activity. Assistant Relationship Managers will have a role to play in this.
The 2017-21 Active Essex strategy “Changing 1 Million lives to get Essex Active” focuses on increasing and sustaining participation in Physical Activity and Sport and impacting on the wider outcomes for the population that are associated with this. The strategy also has a strong focus on addressing inactivity levels, particularly in areas of socio-economic disadvantage and within traditionally underrepresented groups.
A whole system approach to reducing inactivity and strategies to influence behaviour change, in order to improve the local delivery system and customer journey are important elements with our business, as are performance management and data collection to enable quarterly reporting. These are important elements to the role and candidates will be expected to show an understanding in these areas.
The team operates a mobile and flexible working policy, the successful candidates based at County Hall, Chelmsford but expected to spend time working within geographical hubs.
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Educated to degree level or equivalent by experience with evidence of continuing professional development and knowledge in relevant professional area.
- Demonstrable experience of delivering successful projects with clearly defined outcomes at a County and/or local level with evidence of strong impact.
- Understanding of how to apply resources to gain maximum impact towards strategic goals with demonstrable achievement of results/impact gained by experience in a physical activity and sports development field.
- Proven experience of supporting positive stakeholder relationships or customer services in line with priority organisations for Active Essex’s mission.
- Proven experience in the provision and delivery of high quality sports development and physical activity and creating and/or supporting a relationship management function evidenced by consistently high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Experience of effective working within a team environment and liaising with a wide range of local and national contacts/stakeholders; good communication and inter-personal skills with the ability to persuade, negotiate and influence stakeholders using both spoken and written word.
- Good organisational skills with the ability to support multiple projects, prioritise and meet deadlines.
- Experience of project management; developing, implementing, monitoring and evaluating delivery plans and budgets for programmes with the ability to work under pressure and adopt a flexible approach to working methods.
For more information and to apply click here.