Job Title: Cricket Club Head Coach
Job Family: Technical
Work Base: Chelmsford
Hours of Work: 2 hours per week
Responsible to: Sports Clubs Development Officer
Responsible for: No direct line management responsibility
Relationships and Contacts: Club Members (Students), Students, Colleagues, Club Committees (Students)
Job Purpose: To contribute towards our new strategy for sport by providing high quality, inclusive and progressive Cricket training sessions.
Plan and deliver training sessions to meet the individual and collective needs of the Cricket Club members.
- Produce a long term training plan for the Cricket Club at Anglia Ruskin that encourages greater participation in the sport as well as year-on-year improvements in British Universities and Colleges Sport (BUCS) competition.
- Oversee the selection and preparation of squads for BUCS fixtures.
- Contribute club and coaching development ideas and feedback to the Sports Club Development Officer.
- Ensure that the Cricket Club members treat the facilities we use appropriately, showing respect for other club users and adhering to all procedures relating to health and safety.
- Ensure that reasonable care is taken at all times for the health, safety, and welfare of yourself and other persons and to comply with Anglia Ruskin University health and safety procedures.
- Attend and provide coaching support to the Cricket Club at major finals and competitions as and when required.
- Contribute towards the broader work of Student Services to continuously improve the student experience.
- Contribute towards the successful delivery of the Anglia Ruskin Initiative for Student Engagement.
- Commitment to the Student Services’ vision.
- Such other duties temporarily or on a continuing basis, as may reasonably be required, commensurate with your grade.
This is a description of the job as it is presently constituted. It is normal University practice to review periodically job descriptions to ensure that they are relevant to the job currently being performed, and to incorporate any changes which have occurred or are being proposed. The review process is carried out jointly by manager and employee and you are therefore expected to participate fully in such discussions. In all cases, it is our University’s aim to reach agreement to reasonable changes, but where it is not possible to reach agreement our University reserves the right to make reasonable changes to your job description, which are commensurate with your grade after consultation with you.