- £27,200 – FTC until 1st February 2023
- Fix Term Contract Full Time
- Essex Pedal Power Local
- Last day to apply: 04/01/2021
The Active Wellbeing Society (TAWS) is a community benefit society and cooperative working to develop healthy, happy communities living active and connected lives.
Our vision is for a society where people have the autonomy, capacity, resources and skills to become the architects of their own destiny; where our individual wellbeing is recognised as being bound up in our collective responsibility to and dependency on each other; and where all of us feel empowered as agents of social change to make a difference – whether at an individual level or more widely.
By working collaboratively with communities we aim to bring about sustainable change on an social, environmental and economic level; to do the social knitting required to create stronger and more resilient communities and to support communities to identify, mitigate and remove the barriers that prevent them from living active and connected lives.
Essex Pedal Power is a new programme led by Essex County Council and Active Essex to support more people to cycle by removing the barriers to participation. This post is funded by Sport England as part of the Local Delivery Pilot. You will be responsible for coordinating the delivery of the pilot of the programme based in Jaywick and Clacton.
. The pilot will start in early 2021 and run for an initial two years.
- Arrange for logistics of bike allocations, storage and branding
- Administer participant applications and queries and create an admin system for bike distribution
- Coordinate bikes sizing and building in batches
- Set up a bike building arrangement with local bike shops or partners
- Ensure GPS tracking works on selected bikes
- Co-produce the pilot with the local communities and ensure continuous engagement and communication with local communities
- Support lead community organisations to reach early participants
- Develop a network of local partners and support the communication workstream
- Scope/secure training locations and arrange training sessions from a hub (learning to ride a bike, refreshers on how to ride a bike, qualify as a bike leader, learn about bike maintenance, qualify as a bike mechanic)
- Develop a pool of freelance instructors to deliver local training and qualifications
- Work with the delivery workstream to finalise documentations for participants
- Arrange participant events
- Provide regular reports on the usage of the bikes and impact on people’s lives from owning a bike using data provided
- Ensure the compliance with data capture systems and processes
- Teamwork -To work within the workstream team and the wider partnership to support the values of the programme and to ensure that citizens are central to the work that is been delivered.
- Work in partnership and collaboration with wider stakeholders, community group/organisation and activists and influence these.
- Local project management including making recommendations for necessary decisions. This may include some direct or indirect budget management.
Skills & Experience:
- Community engagement experience
- In depth local area knowledge and connections
- Highly organised and computer literate
- Able to motivate and engage participants and partners
- Good administration and excellent customer services