Working Well is a small dynamic team who provide innovative and up-to-date support for local businesses in Essex. The team embeds the Provide CIC Core values of Care, Innovation and Compassion and is thrilled to work with Active Essex on this exciting pilot programme.
We are looking for a dynamic person to join our busy Workplace Health Promotion team, to run a test and learn pilot to connect with local businesses and organisations and develop and embed increase and embed physical activity via workplaces. The pilot is funded by Active Essex and is a partnership between Working Well and Active Essex.
The pilot will be an opportunity to connect with local businesses, set up and trial new and innovative ways to increase physical activity via workplaces.
Main duties of the job
The post holder will work within the Working Well team and work in partnership with Activity Essex to meet the local and national agenda around increasing physical activity levels.
Liaising with local businesses signed up to Working Well and identifying and signing up new organisations to the Working Well programme.
Role will include: development & facilitate training courses, provide a connection role between workplaces, community partners and activities around the local offer.
Support in the analysis of programme data, reports which identify and support inactive employees to become active, providing information, advice and guidance.
Have demonstrable experience of using a wide range of platforms and packages i.e. Word, Excel, Powerpoint, online booking and public relations technology platforms.
Working for Provide
Provide is a Community Interest Company (social enterprise)delivering a broad range of health and social care services in the community and are committed to making sure that they are safe, responsive and of high quality. We work from a variety of community settings, such as three community hospitals, community clinics, schools, nursing homes and primary care settings, as well as within people’s homes to provide more than 40 services to children, families and adults.
Why work for Provide
Provide is a highly respected award winning health and social care provider. We are growing in size and influence, transforming lives by treating, caring and educating people.
We recognise the value of recruiting a diverse, multi-cultural workforce by encouraging diversity through our recruitment practice. We believe in investing in all our staff and rewarding high standards of care.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
The role is full-time and will involve working closely with the Working Well and Active Essex Teams. There will be a need to travel across Essex to meet clients and partners.
The team, whilst based at home, meets daily via MS Teams, and when social distancing rules relax, will come into an office site for meetings. The post holder will also be expected to attend the weekly Active Essex team meetings as well.
Must have proven experience of managing multiple workstreams, and an ability to work on own initiative and follow processes and procedures to ensure completion of project and data capture to evidence the successes.
Qualifications and education
- Foundation degree/NVQ level 5 (or equivalent) and other demonstrable equivalent work-based expereince
- Evidence of commitment to CPD
- Understanding Health Improvement Level 2
- Level 2 Diploma in health and fitness and exercise instruction
Work related knowledge and experience
- Demonstrable experience of delivering physical activity in a health and fitness environment
- Demonstrable experience of delivering successful projects with clearly defined outcomes at a County and/or local level with evidence of strong impact
- Proven experience in the provision and delivery of high-quality sports development and physical activity and creating and/or supporting a relationship management function, evidenced by consistently high levels of customer satisfaction
- Experience of delivering training in a face to face and/or on-line environment
- Experience of analysing basis data and providing feedback on findings and recommendations
- Demonstrable understanding of behaviour change theory
- Clear and demonstrable understanding of health inequalities
- General administrative experience
- Have an understanding of the challenges of the need for physical activity in the workplace
- Experience of working in a public health or community focused setting
Skills and apptitudes
- Group facilitation skills
- Ability to plan and organise complex activities or programmes
- Demonstrable IT skills across the Microsofty packages including Excel, Word and Powerpoint
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to liaise with people at all levels
- Ability to follow processes and procedures to ensure the completion of workflow and data capture
- Ability to work on own initiative using judgement skills to plan out work whilst meeting the requirement deadlines
- Car owner – must be able to travel to various areas of Essex as part of the job role