The following disability organisations have signed up to support our All Together campaign.
These organisations will work with us to promote the sport and physical activity opportunities that are available for their service users to get active.
Southend Mencap is a registered charity with the main aim of serving the interests and needs of children and adults with learning disabilities, as well as those of their parents and carers in the south east of Essex.
Mid and North East Essex Mind
Mid and North East Essex Mind support and empower people experiencing an emotional or mental health condition by building on their personal hopes and aspirations.
Chelmsford Community Transport
Chelmsford Community Transport provides a service to those who cannot access public transport because of physical or mental limitations or rural exclusion and aims to overcome transport barriers and enable everyone to participate more fully in society.
Action for Children
Action for Children is responsible for the Clubs and Activities aspect of Essex Short Breaks and provides services for children and young people across Essex, who have a disability or special education need. They work closely with 23 approved service providers who deliver a wide range of fun clubs and activities across Essex.
Tendring Community Transport
Tendring Community Transport is a well established Community Transport scheme, that provides wheelchair accessible door-to-door transport, for people of all ages who find it difficult or impossible to access conventional public transport.
CoCoCare is a unique new day service for adults with learning disabilities. Their individualised programmes enable participants to choose from many different vocational opportunities and workshops, designed to develop a comprehensive set of life skills and build independence.
ECL Sensory Service
ECL Sensory Service is a team of sensory specialists delivering services across Essex and beyond. Their aim is to ensure that people can access the correct information, advice and support at the right time, in the right place and in the right way.
Southend Carers is an independent charity run by and for carers. They help carers get the support they need – whether that’s financial, practical or emotional. Their mission is to make life easier and fairer for carers in the Southend Borough.
DIAL South Essex
DIAL is an information and advice helpline for disabled people and anybody with a problem connected to a disability issue. Their aim is to improve a person’s quality of life and that of their carers and families.
Short Breaks for Disabled Children & Young People in Essex
Short Breaks gives families the chance to take a break from their normal routines and enjoy doing fun things together. They also give children and young people the chance to do fun and different activities. This can help build their confidence and independence.
Accuro is a small, vibrant local charity providing a range of specialist services for children, young people and adults with a disability in West Essex. Accuro prides itself on supporting not only these individuals but also their families.
The multi-schools council is open to all schools and is committed to breaking down any negative perceptions towards people with a disability or a special educational need. The MSC council wants to change these perceptions by hosting child lead events that integrate both special schools and mainstream schools.
Thank you to our supporting organisations
All Together Supporting Organisation Information
If your organisation is interested in supporting our All Together campaign for disability and inclusive sport across Essex, see below information:
What we would like from Supporting Organisations
• If on social media: ‘Like’ our Essex All Together Facebook page and share any content/posts which are relevant to your service users
• Encourage your social media followers to ‘Like’ the Essex All Together page too so they can get inspired by our ambassador stories.
• On Twitter include the hashtag #EssexAll2gether in tweets about sport activities your organisation takes part in.
• If not on social media, use your communication channels to pass on the relevant sport and physical activity opportunities that we share.
• Identify a staff member to be the main contact for the above and to champion the All Together programme
What you can receive from becoming a Supporting Organisation
• Your logo on the Active Essex Inclusive webpage
• Receive information on sport & physical activity opportunities for your service users.
• The ability to voice your work through the campaign
• Opportunity for staff or service users to become ambassadors; receiving an All Together ambassador t-shirt and chance to access CPD training courses (for further information on this read the Ambassador Guide)
• Receive All Together marketing materials – Branded social media icons, Leaflets, Pens etc.
• Opportunity to link with All Together level 2 ambassadors who could potentially work with you to start new sport sessions for your service users.
If you are interested in becoming an All Together Supporting Organisation please confirm with our All Together programme lead Hayley Chapman on email: firstname.lastname@example.org and we can then discuss how we can work together and next steps.