We’re a publicly funded organisation, hosted by Essex County Council, whose aim is to make sport and physical activity accessible to all Essex residents.
Are you a coach, club, volunteer, partner, funder, school teacher or educator – or are you simply looking to play sport or get active? If the answer to any of these questions is yes, Active Essex is here to help.
We do this by:
- providing up-to-date information on sports, activities, events and programmes available in and around our county;
- running training courses for those who are seeking a more structured involvement in sport and physical activity, for example as a coach or referee;
- funding clubs, community sport initiatives and individuals through small grants;
- partnering with other organisations and trusted third parties to increase the number and range of opportunities available;
- advocating for improved and enhanced sport facilities, funding and engagement for the communities we serve.
Our site contains a host of information on everything from team sports to training courses. And if you can’t find what you’re looking for, you can always get in touch with us via the Contact page.