It does this by:
- Bringing key partners together and aiming for a coordinated strategic approach to service delivery and influencing. It aims to ensure that the needs of the community are understood and that more people are involved in designing, commissioning, delivering and promoting interventions.
- Tackling physical inactivity and promoting healthy lifestyle choices to reduce preventative illnesses and diseases associated with inactivity.
- Widening access to green spaces, sports facilities and interventions.
- Being part of the delivery system for sport and working alongside partners to ensure opportunities exist at all stages of the sports development continuum.
- Deliver a Harlow Sports Awards to recognise and celebrate the participation of organisations, clubs and individuals in sport and physical activity.
The group will operate as a virtual network with national and local updates being shared by email and social media and the opportunity for individuals and organisations to attend workshops on relevant topics e.g. funding and grant opportunities, once or twice a year.