National Fitness Day
Essex Skip Hop Hooray! It’s National Fitness Day
Join Active Essex and the Essex School Games team to celebrate National Fitness Day 2022.
National Fitness Day, Wednesday 21st September is a chance to highlight the role physical activity plays across the UK, raising awareness of its importance in helping us lead healthier and active lifestyles. National Fitness Day sees a huge range of activity options enjoyed by participants of all ages, such as ‘plank offs’, yoga and pilates classes, treadmill challenges, hight street HIIT classes, dance offs, mass walks and many more.
National Fitness Day
We’d like to invite all Essex Schools to kickstart the new term by participating in Skip Hop Hooray! Active Essex worked in partnership with Skip Hop to create fun skipping routines to challenge all ages and abilities with routines created aimed at: Years 1/2 , 3/4 , 5/6 and for Inclusive delivery.
What do you need to do?
- Access the video tutorial at the top of the page
- The videos contain an element of skill development and choreographed routines, all with ideas of how to differentiate
- These visual demonstrations and instructions are for class teachers (or families) to follow and show to their students.
- Click on the resource tab below for activity cards that are downloadable to follow too.
We envisage each class in a school, setting aside between 15-30 minutes to take part in the skipping challenges.
Only equipment required are skipping ropes… however, if that’s a problem at your school lets uses or imagination and perform the routine with a ‘virtual rope’! The most important thing is that together we get the children of Essex moving again.
Why join in?
– Staff and students can have fun and learn new skills
– Promote the benefits of being active to young people
– Allows social interaction and connection between young people
– Builds self-confidence and motivates children to try new things
– Covid-secure activities which can be safely delivered in class bubbles
We’d love to see you all getting active please use the following hashtags and share your photos and experiences: