The Essex Local Delivery Pilot (LDP) is a once in a generation opportunity to make a difference for the people of Essex. It’s about tackling the inequalities which prevent 391,600 people in Essex from enjoying the physical, social and mental health benefits of an active lifestyle.
Currently, one in four (27%) Essex residents are inactive and carry out less than 30 minutes of physical exercise each week, while people on low incomes are twice as likely to lead sedentary lifestyles (source, Active Lives Survey 2016/17).
Our exciting plans include:
- Getting local passionate people involved, who want to create activities in their areas
- Creating active parks, coastal paths and new walking and cycling routes
- Easy access small grants and support for community projects
- Investing in successful voluntary groups and charities to scale up their activities
- Training people in voluntary as well as paid roles, creating thousands of new volunteers, leaders and coaches
- Brightening up buildings, streets and parks to make them attractive places to be active
- World class measurement and evaluation which will be shared UK-wide
We have a dedicated team working closely with local communities in our test areas of Basildon, Colchester, and Tendring to understand what support people need.
We are already working with a number of community groups and citizens and are looking forward to meeting many more to bring our plans to life.
If you are interested in getting involved please see here
Visit Sport England to find out about the nationwide Local Delivery Pilot here.
Sign up to our ELDP Mailing List
Access to Essex LDP Delivery Team page