More and more of us are spending time at home, so we’ve compiled some ideas and videos on how you can keep active when you’re at home, if you are well enough. Staying active is really important for all of our mental health and wellbeing. Explore each section where you will find ideas, online workouts and downloadable resources.
If you are going outside to exercise, you MUST adhere to the social distancing rules – staying 2 meters apart from people outside of your household.
Advice for Coronavirus
- From National Government:
- ✔ People can go outdoors for exercise more than once each day so long as they continue to practice social distancing. This may be undertaken alone, with members of the same household, or with one person from outside their household. Exercise should be taken in groups of no more than two people unless exercising exclusively with members of their own household
- ✔ Outdoor sport and physical activity facilities can reopen so long as those repsonsible for them feel able to do so, can do so safely, and operate in line with public health guidance
- ✔ Outdoor gyms, playgrounds and outdoor swimming pools must remain closed
- ✔ Wash your hands as soon as you get home. Watch this to see how it should be done!
- From your Local Authority:
Need support? The Essex Wellbeing Service provides all residents with one place to go for their wellbeing needs. As well as practical help, it connects people to specialist advice and emotional support. Visit their website Call: 0300 303 9988
Listen to Podcasts Here
We can’t come together, but through technology we can!
See how Essex All Together ambassador Billy is keeping active at home! There are some great ideas for you too! Click here
TELL US MORE: